Ref: 172899Nationality: South African
Highest Formal Qualification: B.Eng (Chemical, Hydrometallurgy), MDP (Management Diploma), Pr. Eng - Professional Engineer (ECSA)
Annual Package Range: ZAR 1.85 mil - 2.0 mil, per annum
Total years experience: 20-30 Years
Current / most recent job title?
1. Primary purpose of current/most recent position:
Programme Manager for the implementation of the Project Management System (PMS) on mega, complex and refurbishment capital projects (coal, renewable, nuclear, transmission)
Development of the constructability and executability review processes and templates
Mentoring of the project management staff, skills transfer and optimization of resources and solutions across the projects
2. Core elements or functions that must operate effectively in order to achieve primary purpose:
Ensure delivery of the projects in the programme
Have a thorough understanding of ALL the functions (Project Management, Project Controls, Procurement & Contracts, Engineering & Design, Construction & Commissioning, Information/deliverable management, Risk, etc) on a mega project and the business processes and applications to ensure compliance to the company standard.
Ability to develop an implementation approach for different technologies while still complying to the company standards.
Ability to manager cross-cultural teams in different geographic locations effectively.
3. Description of self, along with greater purpose and passions:
My passion is to create an effective, integrated solution where cross-cultural teams can focus on working in their core skills area and provide supporting services/processes to manage the integration points and common areas. My proven approach is the identification of the golden tread within a project/work process and development of a solution that integrates all areas into a holistic, efficient whole. Currently seeking a new opportunity to make a signification difference by improving the integration between business units, business processes and projects.
4. Ideal business title:
Portfolio Integration Manager
Programme Integration Manager
5. Key responsibilities and accountability of ideal position:
Accountable for all integration at a strategic, tactical and operational level – management of integration across different portfolios, programme, projects, initiatives, business units or clients. – management of integration between business processes and applications (software) – management of work streams/scopes/discipline within a mega project – management of solution development across different portfolios, programme, projects, initiatives, business units or clients
6. Skill area of competence:
1) Portfolio, Programme and Project Lifecycle models and all disciplines/functions required for a mega industrial project (power station, refinery, concentrator, etc).
2) Establishment and setup of Portfolio, Programme & Project Management Offices (EPMO, PMO)
3) Subject matter expert in terms of the integration between all functions on a mega industrial project.
4) Management Consulting – development and implementation of processes and procedures for a business in a project environment
5) Integration Management across portfolios, programmes & projects
6) Solution Management – configuration and implementation of the SmartPlant Enterprise Suite, Oracle (Primavera), SAP PPM, PRISM PPM & G2, CURA Business process design Requirements Management Project management (industrial, software, business processes) Proposal development Virtual team & office set-up Project Set-up (mega projects) Project & Programme Office set-up Knowledge Management
7. Career summary:
Utilities (power generation, business development & setup of project offices) as project manager: 12 years
Engineering Procurement & Construction Management (Mining, Petroleum): 11 years
Mining, refineries – operations: 3 years
1) Implementation of project governance and project controls in a resistant, highly politicised, inadequately resourced environment. The project management system was implemented successfully on various capital projects. This improved the management and control on the capital projects.
2)Development of the methodology for the implementation of a project management system on capital projects. The methodology enabled an inexperienced team to deliver on their projects.
3) Managing a culturally diverse team to deliver the projects on target.
9. What do you absolutely love doing?
Creative, innovative solution development working with an innovative team discovering different solutions to a problem and implementing the solutions
10. Ideal company (culture and values):
Open, creative, innovative, flexible, honest, customer focused, environmentally aware
Searchable spreadsheet of candidates: #engineering_candidates http://bit.ly/CarynVPs
All available positions #job_search http://bit.ly/CarynJA
Register as a #technical_candidate http://bit.ly/CarynInc
Alternatively click to email our Agent or call us: Head Office – Gauteng, SA. + 27 10 597 0862.
Enshrine Placements your Technical and Engineering Recruitment Partner in Africa.
Partner of Global Executive Search Organisation ENEX Worldwide Reach, Local Expertise, True Engagement www.enex-search-hr.com